Laying New Mulch & Rock
Emerald Outdoor, LLC often adds mulch or rock to every landscape design and installation project, but you will need to lay new mulch to refresh the look of your landscaping occasionally. Mulch and rock will not only make your landscaping more eye appealing, but offers many other benefits. Laying a layer of mulch or rock over the bare soil will help with soil erosion, make landscaping maintenance easier, improve the health of your plants and adds a nice uniform look to your landscaping beds. Mulch and rock provides many other benefits such as:
- Moisture Retention: Many plants need constant moisture, mulch and rock helps to keep the soil moist for longer periods of time than just plain dirt. It also slows the evaporation of moisture and reduces the need of frequent watering.
- Soil Temperature Control: It serves as an insulation for the soil and slows the temperature change. In the spring it helps to keep the soil cooler and absorbs some of the sun's rays. When the temperature begins to drop in the fall the mulch or rock helps to retain the heat allowing plants to continue to grow longer.
- Weed Control: Healthy plant growth will help push out some weed growth, but a layer of mulch or rock will smother the unwanted weed growth in your landscaping beds. A layer of mulch or rock will help to prevent sunlight from reaching the dirt below so weeds aren't able to grow as easy. When weeds do grow, they're generally easy to remove because they haven't been able to develop a deep root because of the mulch and healthy plants surrounding.
- Adds Color & Texture: Mulch or rock ground covering creates the base color for your plants to stand out on.
There are many choices of mulch and rock for your landscaping.
We will help you make the best choice for your landscaping design needs, keeping in mind what you like as well. Here are a few of the choices of different mulch or rock we may use for your landscape design.
- Brown Mulch
- Black Mulch
- Red Mulch
- Cypress Mulch Blend
- Rubber Mulch Comes in Brown and Red
- Pine Bark Nuggets
- Pea Pebbles
- White Marble Chips
- River Pebbles
- Red Lava Rock
If you are ready to refresh your mulch or rock and are located in Jackson, or other surrounding area, call us at (517) 750-5296 for a free price quote!